Thanksgiving is just around the corner!
Here are a few tips from Amy Brantley to make your day run a little smoother!
1. Make desserts the day before Thanksgiving.
2. Peel potatoes the day before Thanksgiving. This easy preparation tip may not seem to save a lot of time, but it really does.
Read more of Brantley’s tips at associatedcontent.com!
Thanksgiving day should be beautiful here in Colorado with a predicted high of 64° F in Denver!
If you are interested in residential real estate in beautiful and sunny Colorado give me a call at 303.663.9335! I serve the Castle Rock, Denver, Sedalia, Highlands Ranch, Franktown, and Centennial areas!
Check out one of my Real Estate Resource links, 5 Tips for a Better Open House from MSN Real Estate!
1. Clean and repair your home. It should go without saying, but clean your house as if you were going to eat off the floors. Also, consider making minor cosmetic repairs and upgrades such as touching up paint and planting fresh flowers.
2. De-clutter. Put away the ceramics collection, toys and things lining the bathroom and kitchen counters. A crowded house makes it look smaller and makes it harder for buyers to imagine it as their own, says Gail Mayhugh, a professional home stager and owner of GMJ Interiors in Las Vegas.
3. De-personalize. Take down family photos, trophies and other personal touches, even that book on your nightstand. Buyers need to imagine the house as a blank slate, ready to be occupied and personalized by them, Mayhugh says.
4. Consider holding an early viewing just for the locals. For instance, if you are having an open house from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., invite your neighbors from noon to 1 p.m. It will make them feel good and allow the agent to focus on the most interested parties when the real open house starts.
5. Promote heavily. Make sure your open house is listed on the MLS and on other Internet sites such as Realtor.com, Expo or Craigslist.com. Post lots of pictures, send out fliers, put up lots of signs and advertise in your local paper.
Remember, I keep a list of Real Estate Resource Links in the right-hand column! Make sure to check them all out!
Thinking of moving to Castle Rock or Colorado? Click below to check out Castle Rock’s website!
Give me a call at 303.663.9335 if you are interested in residential real estate in Colorado!
Welcome to my new blog! My name is Tom Calhoun. I hope to share advice, tips, listings, and my experiences in the real estate world! I am a residential real estate agent based out of Castle Rock, Colorado and serving the Front Range: Centennial, Denver, Highlands Ranch, Sedalia, and Franktown. I specialize in buyer brokerage, condominiums, foreclosure property, investments, luxury homes, new construction, residential acreages, and relocation. Enjoy exploring the blog and please leave your comments and questions! Thanks for visiting, and be sure to like us on Facebook!