Try this Black Bean Avocado Salad when you need an easy recipe to welcome or thank your new neighbors!
* 2 limes
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2″ cubes
* 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed, chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* salt and ground black pepper
1. ZEST 1 lime into a large bowl. Squeeze the juice of both limes into the same bowl. Whisk in the oil until emulsified. Add the avocados, beans, corn, garlic, jalapenos, bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro, and cumin, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. COVER and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Enjoy and welcome to the neighborhood!